The Troyeville, has had a rejuvenation and we are extremely proud to be open with many exciting new additions to our precinct.
The Troyeville Hotel, first licensed in 1939, is a Johannesburg original. One of Johannesburg’s oldest hotels and restaurants on the eastern edge of the Joburg CBD offering superb views of the Joburg skyline.
Although the entire precinct has undergone a facelift, the new owners have kept the essence of The Troyeville Hotel, that patrons have always known and loved us for.
At The Troyeville we pride ourselves in serving unfussy, excellent Portuguese cuisine paired with a range of beverages to suit your taste. Our values of offering an affordable, warm, and inviting ambiance with great service remains as it has always been.
Our offerings include:
- The Troyeville Coffee Shop – located on the ground floor. We have freshly baked Portuguese delicacies, breads and deliciously freshly brewed hot beverages.
- The Troyeville Restaurant – Our fully refurbished and licensed restaurant famous for our excellent Portuguese cuisine. We have included a glass cellar stocking a wide selection of wines specifically selected to be paired with our menu. As we are a popular venue for watching sporting events, we have installed a pillar with 4 big screens.
- The Troyeville Sports Bar – our newly added on deck Sports bar boasting a full-length bar with tv screens and big screen perfect for viewing any sporting events with views of the Emirates Airline Stadium and the Joburg city skyline.
- Pizza, gin & wine garden – a wonderful new addition, located in a secluded garden setting serving a variety of pizzas perfect for young families. *Family friendly
- The Troyeville Banqueting, conferencing and function venue – located on the third floor we have a spacious, versatile function venue, perfect for corporate or private functions.
- Roof Top Bar – now this is a space to be and be seen! Our Roof Top Bar is open to all with a fee of R200, R100 of which you will get back as a voucher to spend on beverages. The precinct has an industrial, rustic look and feel with spectacular views of the Joburg city skyline. We offer live entertainment and DJ’s Friday to Sunday. Available for private hire.
The Troyeville is within walking distance of Emirates Airline Park (Ellis Park), hence we have become a destination restaurant and bar with sporting and live events.
The Troyeville is the best place for pre and post matches and events. If you do not have tickets, we are the perfect venue to soak up the atmosphere a stone’s throw away. Our newly refurbed restaurant and sports bar boasts a big screen and we have over twenty TV screens in the venue showing all the action.